Monday, October 22, 2012

Brandy Covers Vibe Vixen: Talks New Music, Voting & Whitney Houston


Missjia.com:
Hot on the heels of the release of her new album, Two Eleven, Brandy’s landed the latest cover of Vibe Vixen.

Bran looks absolutely stunning in the photos, and inside she opens up about everything from making straight R&B music, the upcoming election, and even her relationship with the late, great Whitney Houston.

On making a strictly R&B album:
That’s what my fans wanted from me. I felt like that was my way to reintroduce myself to them and introduce myself to people that don’t even know me. They’re supporting me and it feels good. I took my daughter to the Mindless Behavior concert and 10- to 16-year-olds are screaming to the top of their lungs when I’m walking in. I started doing music before they were born! I just remember asking some little girl, ‘How do you know me?’
On the importance of voting:
So many have gone through so much, especially African Americans, to get the opportunity to vote. I remember my first time voting. My mom took me and held my hand. It gives you a voice on what you want and what you need. I think it’s so important for us to get out there and vote. That’s all I can really say about it.
On making a tribute song for Whitney Houston:
I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. It’s really about the overall purpose, which is music. I remember her telling me, ‘Nobody can be you so don’t try to be something other than you. Be yourself and stay true to that.’ That was the last thing she said to me. That was the last time I heard her voice. It’s all a spiritual thing to me. The day, the passing, it’s all…
You can read the full interview with B-Rocka over at Vibe Vixen.

No comments:

Post a Comment