Thursday, December 18, 2014

Floetry Reunites in London



VoiceOnline.com:
NEO-SOUL duo Floetry surprised fans with a surprise performance in London's Clapham Grand last night (Dec 16). 

The Grammy-nominated group, comprised of singer Marsha Ambrosius and spoken word artist, Natalie Stewart, disbanded in 2007 and have been pursuing solo ventures since, but on the London-leg of her Friends and Lovers tour, Ambrosius brought her former bandmate on stage to rapturous applause. 

Together, the pair, both born in south London, performed a number of hits from their back catalogue, including Say Yes and Floetic. 

Ambrosius, who now resides in America, had been teasing fans on social media for some time, hinting that "special guests" would be joining her on stage. 

"LONDON TOWN!!! Only a few days away!!! Clapham Grand December 16th Full band + special guests!!! You don't want to miss it!!! #FriendsAndLovers," she wrote on Instagram last week. 

A number of fans took to Twitter when the surprise, in the form of Stewart, was revealed. Posting a video on Instagram, @misslalareport wrote: "#thenthishappened #Floetry B***H WHAT JUST HAPPENED??!! #theytogetheragain" 

In an interview with The Voice last month, Stewart said the band's split was anything but acrimonious. 

“In 2010, I had lots of songs inside of me, but I never wanted to be, and I was never attempting to be a solo artist. 

“I become a solo artist because of Marsha going solo. It was nothing I was trying to do,” she said. 

She added: "I never left Floetry. I didn’t go solo. I didn’t break from the group. Marsha went solo, she left the group. 

 “I’m still in the floetic realm. I never left it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment